St. Patrick’s Day may be the national holiday in Ireland, but Valentine’s Day is always a favorite, one as well. There are now six new and refurbished places to make sure that love will be in the air.
While planning a Valentine’s Day trip to Ireland, consider these six places to stay.
- The Rabbit Hotel & Retreat is a 15 minute ride from Belfast in the charming village of Templepatrick. Enjoy a date night for two, relax at the Relaxation Burrow spa facilities, and delight in the rose petal turndown.
- Causeway Country Pods are near the Old Bushmills Distillery and feature floor-to- ceiling windows. Relax in the outdoor hot tub, warm yourself by the fire pit and look up at the night sky while walking through the countryside.
- Arthur Street Cottage No. 3 is a recently renovated 200-year-old listed cottage in the heart of the Georgian village of Hillsborough in County Down. The cosy one-bedroom self-catering cottage is packed with everything you need for a romantic stay. You also will be round the corner from Hillsborough Castle, the official residence of Her Majesty the Queen in Northern Ireland. A guided tour through the palace and gardens will make you feel like royalty.
- Avoca hotel is a family-run hotel overlooking Dundrum Bay in Newcastle, which is near the Irish Sea. This cozy hotel is within walking distance of bars and restaurants for a romantic night out.
- Strand Hotel is a five-star self-catering pile overlooking the golden Portstewart Strand, a prized position on the dramatic Causeway Coast. There are uninterrupted views of the Atlantic Ocean from every window and many romantic sites, myths and legends to explore both around the town and on the stunning Causeway Coastline.
- Kilbroney River Cottage will rekindle the romance.The four-star self-catering cottage dates make more than 150 years and was lovingly and sympathetically restored.