There are literally hundreds of things to do in Berlin, but here are our top 8:
- Relax in a beer garden and outdoor club. Beer gardens are the best place to relax, meet friends or have a drink. Berlin beer gardens can be found in the city centre or in the city grounds. Enjoy mild summer evenings with Berliner Weiße or Craft Beer.
- Go to the beach: Who knew the German capital had great beaches? Bury your feet in the warm sand while sitting in a deck chair sipping refreshing drinks. At Charlie’s Beach at Checkpoint Charlie you can relax with cool drinks, grilled sausages, and fries in the midst of the urban flair.
- Watch films under the starry sky. Open-air cinemas in Berlin are in season during the summer months. One of the oldest open-air cinemas in the capital is the Kreuzberg open-air cinema. Classics, cult films, and current Hollywood blockbusters are shown there in the original version with subtitles.
- Enjoy the lakes. Berlin has many swimming lakes in the city and its surrounding area. Köpenick’s largest water body, Lake Müggelsee, is a popular destination for active people. You can look forward to peace and relaxation at Liepnitzsee. A perfect summer in the Berlin district of Weißensee can also be experienced. The most popular destination for a bathing excursion in Berlin is probably Wannsee.
- Indulge in sports: Tempelhofer Feld is a huge open space on the grounds of the former Tempelhof Airport. Since 2010, the area a popular local recreation area. On a 3.7-mile long track you can go jogging, cycling, and skating. Families with children can also fly kites, play ball, or have a picnic on the grass.
- Have a picnic. Popular places for this are the wonderful parks as well as areas on the banks of the Spree. There are amazing spots for a picnic are hidden all over the city. You have an incomparable view at a picnic on the Drachenberg in Charlottenburg. The atmosphere is truly fun in Herzberge Landscape Park, where you can enjoy your delicacies between fall fruit meadows and romantic woods.
- Take a boat ride. Discover Berlin from the water. Take a boat trip through the city centre or through the green landscape. For active people try a trip with the pedal boat or a discovery tour with the Stand Up Paddeling Board. Or why not try becoming a captain yourself… You can rent a raft or a boat from numerous providers and then set sail.
- 8. Eat Ice Cream. There are plenty of flavors at Berlin’s ice cream parlous. Try soft ice cream with toasted marshmallows and gelato brioches, served at Paul Möhring in Oranienburger Straße in Mitte. The innovative Hokey Pokey in Prenzlauer Berg and the Eissalon Tanne B serve up crazy but tasty ice creams.