Outstanding coffee is grown throughout the world and, thanks to Boarding Pass Coffee, coffee fanatics won’t have to travel the world to taste the best java. Boarding Pass Coffee is a Milton, GA. roaster and tasting room that features specialty grade coffee beans where coffee enthusiasts can learn about other cultures and document their taste travels by collecting “visa stamp” stickers in their very own Boarding Pass Coffee “passport.”
Entrepreneurs Murilo and Christine Santos have visited more than 100 countries and began selling their specialty grade coffee beans online and at Atlanta-area farmers markets and festivals.
The most popular roasts at Boarding Pass Coffee come from beans grown at Murilo’s family coffee farm in Brazil, which is still run by his brother. All Brazilian roasts, currently five in total, are made from beans sourced directly from the family’s farm, Fazenda Sant’ana, outside of Sao Paulo. Both the farm and coffee beans are Rainforest Alliance and UTZ certified, with Organic certification underway and expected in 2023. In addition, a variety of other roasts come from Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, Papua New Guinea, Honduras, Colombia and other far flung countries.
New roasts and recent Boarding Pass Coffee best-sellers include:
- Monte Alegre – a popular light roast from Brazil that has single-handedly converted former dark-roast devotees to light roast fans
- Bela Vista – a dark espresso roast from Brazil that delivers a satisfying flavor without bitterness
- La Hondurena – a high quality coffee that comes from all-female coffee farmers in Honduras; a portion of sales go to the International Women’s Coffee Alliance (IWCA)
- Kilimanjaro – a unique roast made from peaberry coffee beans grown on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
- Chasquis – a new roast from Peru made with organic beans
Boarding Pass Coffee is a supporter of the International Women’s Coffee Alliance, and is a Georgia Grown company in addition to being minority-owned. Beyond 12-ounce and 2-pound bags of whole beans or ground coffee, coffee fanatics can choose single serve pods that are compatible with Keurig machines or single serve pour-over pouches, both made onsite with their fresh roasted coffee. Boarding Pass Coffee’s monthly coffee club subscription begins at $15. All are available online.